SALIENT FEATURES OF THE CARD – SBI Green Remit Card
Type and Nature of Card
· SBI Green Remit Card is a simple Magstripe based card without PIN.
· The product is targeted to facilitate Non-Home Cash Deposit Transactions to be routed through Green Channel Counter (GCC)/ Cash Deposit Machine (CDM)
· All customers (remitters), particularly non-account holders, who want to remit money to a SBI bank account at regular intervals
· Customer may visit any GCC branch or CDM branch and submit simple Application Form along with one ID proof document
· Card would be mapped to the particular beneficiary account (Has to be an SBI account).
Nature of use
· Card can be used for deposit of Cash (INR) to the designated beneficiary’s SBI account.
· Card is accepted at all Green Channel Counter Branches and Cash Deposit Machines.
· Deposit can be made by way of cash only.
· Transaction limit is Rs. 5,000/- per transaction subject to a monthly cap of Rs. 25,000/- per remitter.
Issue of Card
Rs.20/- (w.e.f. 15 thJuly 2013)
Transaction Charges in GCC
As applicable to regular non-home cash deposit transactions
Transaction Charges in CDM
Branch will issue pre-printed SBI Green Remit Card instantaneously to the remitter.
Transactions through GRC
· Remitter can visit any GCC branch or CDM to deposit cash to the predetermined SBI account
· When card is swiped, account particulars are shown on the screen for confirmation.
· Customer is prompted to enter amount and after cash is collected and verified, acknowledgement is generated.
· Remitter and Beneficiary will get SMS immediately on successful completion of the transaction.
· Beneficiary SBI account will be updated with the transaction amount along with Card number.
Powered by WPeMatico